Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Darcy Ward, D.C

My name is Tommy and I have been seeing Dr. Ward for a couple of years now. I am a firm believer in chiropractic after placing my health-care in her capable hands. What I would like to discuss however, is the nutritional recommendations that Dr. Ward has given me and how they have affected my well being. For approximately 4 months before and during the holiday season I was starting to experience some troubling physical symptoms. My joints were in pain much of the time, and I experienced incessant burning and numbness in my hands. I would wake up in the middle of the night with my arm completely numb and no amount of repositioning would help the tingling and pain. By January the frequency of these events was nearly constant and I was starting to worry. I expressed my concern to Dr. Ward at one of our sessions and she suggested that the problem may be nutritional. She suggested that I eliminate refined carbohydrates (and sugars) from my diet and see where that took me. Within 3 days the tingling and numbness were gone, the joint pain had subsided, and I no longer woke up in pain. I have stuck with her suggestions and have continued to have great results. In addition, a candida based skin rash that I have struggled with for a while started to clear up when I followed her suggestions. I am very grateful to Dr. Ward for her knowledge and her treatment and will continue to see her in the years to come.
~Tommy

I have had the opportunity to receive excellent care from Dr. Darcy Ward. My experience with her reflects true listening to my symptoms, great evaluation questions to seek a deeper understanding of my health, plus a compassionate manner in relating to my physical body. Just to give one example let me tell you that I walked into Dr. Ward’s office one day with a horrible headache. She kept working with me until it was completely gone. I had been having these stress related headaches and just could not get rid of them. After Dr. Ward did her “magic” I’ve never had them again...and it has been nearly 3 months!
Dr ward promotes a true holistic approach to my health care. She gives her patients the gift of simply being “present.” She never makes me feel like she is rushed or in a hurry. I am sincerely grateful to have found such a respectful and dedicated doctor for my personal needs. Dr. Ward works from the heart!
-Christina C.

I have had a very positive experience with Dr. Ward and the staff at Carolina Chiropractic and Wellness the last few months. Dr. Ward has been treating me for pain from degenerative discs and constant pain in my neck and arms. After just my first treatment with the ML830 laser light, twitching I had been experiencing in my left eye subsided considerably. After subsequent visits, the twitching eventually stopped. Through Dr. Ward’s deep tissue work andmanipulations, I have been relieved of the constant pain that has been a hindrance in my day to day activities for the past few years. I am not 100% but I am hopeful that I can now get better without surgery. Dr. Ward has also given me natural food supplements that have increased my overall well being. I have newfound energy. She truly cares about my well being and encourages me to make changes that will benefit my life. Without the constant pain I can focus on exercise and regaining the quality of life I had before the chronic pain began. I feel like my entire body is getting better, not just my back. Everyone at CCW has been so friendly and accommodating, CCW is a wonderful place to get and feel better!
-Nancy Z.

I was in such terrible back & leg pain on my first visit, even sitting was painful.
Dr. Ward informed me my femur was out of place and then adjusted me and suggested exercises I could do to help. I immediately felt better, and surprisingly my nerves weren't in a vice grip anymore.
After a couple of more treatments I began to ask Dr.Ward about my wrist & neck pain, which she adjusted and made those feel better too. Dr. Ward even helped my RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome) by suggesting a whole food supplement.
I felt so much better I suggested my husband see Dr. Ward for his back and jaw pain which has helped him tremendously as well. Thank you Dr Ward for making the both of us feel more in-line and energized. --The Burke's

With my demanding travel schedule coupled with a fair amount of computer work, my shoulders & neck are consistantly tight. Since I have been seeing Dr Ward, my neck pain and headaches have virtually gone away. The combination of stretching and adjustments she performs on a monthly basis has worked wonders for me. I highly recommend Dr Ward to anyone with back or neck pain and headaches. She is one of a kind and I look forward to my monthly visit to her office. ~Gregg B.


ANIMAL CHIROPRACTIC TESTIMONIALS


Max
Max and I have been working hard at Dressage for the last couple of years. He'd done really well at Training Level and last summer we started on some First Level stuff. As we progressed he started showing signs of stiffness in his back and left hind. By October he got so locked up that it was hard for us to complete the movements. He was grouchy and generally unwilling. He's only 13 so ... more
Susannah 

Princess
Sandy & Rod, Bailey, NC
Dr Ward is caring, compassionate and effective. In addition to treating us, we asked her to look at our 15 year old Lab who was beginning to have hip problems. Dr Ward treated her several times and she is now prancing like her younger self. Dr Ward made her feel comfortable while performing the necessary adjustments. Dr Ward brings a new meaning to being "a complete family Chiropractor". ... more

Felix
I have worked with Chiropractors for myself and my horses for years here in the US and in Europe. I have Titanium hips, numerous knee surgeries and back issues. I use chiropractic adjustments to help me stay straight and out of pain. I have used Dr. Darcy Ward since I have moved to NC in 2008 and have seldom worked with anyone that accomplished neither here in the US nor in Europe. She ... more
Julianna

I loved the work Dr. Ward did with my 5 year old cat! She had a great presence with him - so much kindness and connection- and she did a marvelous adjustment for him. He had been walking poorly due to a hip problem and with one treatment, the problem disappeared and he was a free bird (that is cat!) again. I highly recommend her. She took time to get to know my cat before she worked on him. ... more
Gabriella
 



Share/Bookmark

No comments: